2-Stroke Electronic Controlled Engines (ME Engines) - Distance Learning
The aim of the course is to introduce and familiarize the training participants to the new 2-stroke engine generation, an electronic controlled engine.
At the end of the training, the participants should be able to:
• Differentiate a conventional 2-stroke engine with an electronic controlled 2-stroke engine.
• Familiarize with the main components of an electronic controlled 2-stroke engine such as the mechanical and hydraulic-pneumatic components.
• Understand the design and function of each main component.
• Understand the different common rail systems, bus systems, and electrical diagrams.
• Correctly operate the MOP and MPC during practical hands-on exercises using modules and interactive simulations.
• Diagnose common operational faults and do certain maintenance and troubleshooting applications.
Content of the Course
• Introduction to electronic engine
• ME engine design
• Hydraulic control unit
• Hydraulic power supply
• Main Operating Panel menu and functions
• Basic routines and maintenance
• Summary and assessment
Flexible Training Delivery
GigaMare’s Engine Room Simulator is used remotely to support achievement of the set Learning Objectives. Each trainee or pair of participants will be using an engine room simulator through GigaMare’s Distance Learning Application.
To further maximize the learning experience, trainees can optionally come for an additional simulation training at GigaMare’s training facility. In this training; wherein the Full Mission Engine Room Simulator together with GigaMare’s own-developed ME Engine Simulator will be used.
The participants (either a Marine, Mechanical or Electrical engineer), should have a good knowledge of diesel engine principles together with sufficient operational experience on the diesel engines in different applications.
Shipboard Management Level/ Operational Level Engine Officers (who will be engaged in the operation of the new generation of electronic controlled 2-stroke diesel engines).
5 working days