Engine Performance - Distance Learning
To judge the performance of an engine is one of the most important tasks of the operational and management level engineers.
The trainees will be able to maintain the engine in a safer way and make a more effective contribution to the operation of the machinery. They will learn to respond correctly, by means of observing and analysing the operating data and other given parameters, as well as the output and ambient condition which the engine is operating in.
Content of the Course
• Ship Engineering Systems arrangement
• Instrumentation & Controls
• Engine power estimation
• Performance evaluation of main engine parameters
• Correction of performance parameters, specific fuel oil calculation Performance evaluation of auxiliary systems parameters
• Trouble shooting
• Fuel & Lube Oil Management
• Engine simulation exercises
Flexible Training Delivery
The Engine Performance Course when delivered as a Distance Learning is consists of live e-Learning sessions, self-study materials, and the remote use of GigaMare’s state-of-the-art Engine Room Simulators.
The trainees (either Marine or Mechanical engineers), should have a good knowledge of diesel engine principles together with operational experience of diesel engine.
Management and Operational Level Engineers
5 working days